Saturday, March 17, 2012

Day 15

I got to spend Day 15 with a friend of mine who is a young mom of two children under the age of two. It was a beautiful day all the way through! The moment that sticks in my mind is when she was dodging back and forth between the baby spitting up and the toddler needing to go potty, and various small calamities were happening along the way. She laughed and said, "This is my life--and I love it!", and off she dashed to head off another emergency.

I'm sure she has moments when she doesn't love her daily routine quite so much, but as I watched her interacting with her children, I could see that she really does love her new role, even with all the work it entails. One of her secrets, I think, lies in the little cards hung by the kitchen sink which contain Bible verses and a wonderful quote about the value of daily work in making us like Christ. She is purposely cultivating joy, gratitude, and contentment day by day, even while she tries to wash dishes with a baby and toddler in tow. And that's a beautiful thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment