Sunday, March 4, 2012

Day 4

I saw many beautiful things today, because I was with God’s beautiful people. And they are beautiful, you know, and getting more so every day they walk with the Lord and are changed to be more like Jesus Christ. It’s funny how easy it is to notice the warts and the wrinkles and the sharp edges, until we gather together to concentrate on the Lord Jesus. Then, all humbled together before Him, we look at one another with new love, and say, with Christ as He is depicted in Psalm 16:3, “As for the saints who are in the earth, they are the majestic ones in whom is all my delight.”

Wow, I am thankful for my brothers and sisters in Christ! There is no one else with whom I have so much in common, and with whom there is such mutual understanding. This evening we went to visit a nearby church for their evening service, and when people I’d never even met stood up to give testimony of the Lord’s goodness to them, there was an instant connection between us, a sense of, “Yes, that’s the same Shepherd I know, alright!”

And I smiled with the knowledge that I get to spend all of eternity with these people! Then we will all be made perfect like the Lord Jesus, and we will rejoice together in the same Lord Who loved us and bought us with His blood from every tribe and tongue and kindred and nation (and background, and social ranking, and economic status, and vocation, and education, and all the other things that stratify us on earth.) The only thing more beautiful that I can think of, is the Face of the Lord Himself, and the fact that we’ll be in perfect communion with Him too, in that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment