Friday, March 23, 2012

Day 21

As I left the house for work on the morning of Day 21, I was wondering what my beautiful thing for the day would be. The instant I stepped out of the door, I knew. The songbirds had come back. This is, in fact, the first time that I remember hearing songbirds here since I’ve lived here, because I came in the fall, when many of them were beginning their pilgrimage to a warmer place. Whether the sunshine brought the birds back, or the birds brought the sunshine, is hard to say, but they both arrived about the same time and that morning they seemed to be celebrating springtime together.

Isn’t it lovely that God made birds with a song? Even though they just got back from their grueling flight north, and no doubt have lots of house building and organizing to do, they always have time to just sit on a branch and sing. Perhaps they sing just because they can, and because life, and sunshine, and springtime, are worth singing about.

No comments:

Post a Comment