Monday, March 5, 2012

Day 5

Well, I saw a number of beautiful things today, but the beautiful thing I want to write about is the last thing I saw before leaving the kitchen tonight—clean countertops and a dishrack and dishwasher piled astonishingly high with clean dishes. That sight was the culmination of my day today, a day full of happy (and thankfully, successful) experimentation in the kitchen, the satisfaction of doing a job I was made for, and the happy faces around the table as we shared a meal with a local couple. I am so thankful for the hundreds of pounds of good vegetables stored from our garden last year, with which I was cooking all day, the rich variety of spices and flavors, the privilege of good health to be able to cook, and the fact that I am able to love a job that has to be done perpetually! And best of all, I’m thankful for the love that seasons every dish of vegetables (Proverbs 15:17), as we enjoy together God’s bounty to us! It’s like a Thanksgiving feast every day!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete