Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Day 28

I was in my room this morning when suddenly I heard another installment of spring arrive, in the form of a treeful of chattering birds! I love it when this happens; one moment, everything is silent, and the next, the air is full of noisy avian conversation! I peered outside and sure enough, there were one or two trees whose bare branches were just covered with birds! Somehow they always stay in a tight flock, and they never seem to run out of things to say!

A little while later, I went outside, and noticed that the noise was a bit further away. It still wasn’t hard to locate though, because a little further down in the pasture I could see the flock encamped upon a different tree. I wonder why they move like this, and how they decide where and when to settle down? And what could they possibly have to talk about at such a rapid pace, for the entire duration of their migration?

No comments:

Post a Comment